Reading time: 3 minutes
Shoulder pain is one of the most common yet challenging clinical presentations. Evidence-based chiropractors use orthopedic assessments to answer four differentiating questions that will highlight the most effective treatment.
- Is the pain arising from the shoulder vs. neck?
- Is the rotator cuff inflamed vs. degenerated?
- Does the tendon have a partial-thickness or full-thickness tear vs. rupture?
- Why did this pathology happen?
Missing any of these crucial answers will likely yield an unsatisfied patient with a failed outcome.
Fortunately, some new research in the Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery has highlighted the most accurate tests for diagnosing rotator cuff pathology. (1) Watch the ChiroUp docs show you how to incorporate these most useful tests into a quick and precise best-practice shoulder evaluation that answers these four essential questions.
Did you know that receiving our weekly blog is not the same as being a ChiroUp.com subscriber?
Think of it as our blog providing you with information, and ChiroUp’s platform putting the research into action…automatically!
The following clinical resources are exclusive to ChiroUp subscribers only. If you’re not yet a subscriber, click here to test any or all of ChiroUp’s assets for 14 days at no cost.
ChiroUp.com Subscriber Resources
Subscriber Resource 1: Empower Your Patients (in Less than 20 seconds)
An educated patient is a compliant patient. You can quickly prescribe condition reports that answer your patient’s top questions about any diagnosis. Your lay reports empower patients to become active participants in their recovery. These reports:
- Improve patient understanding and compliance
- Improve outcomes by delivering the critical ADL advice and exercises for a given condition and empowering patients to become active participants in their recovery
- Trigger outcome assessment surveys; allowing you to evaluate your performance and collect Google reviews
- Drive MD initial and release reports that change attitudes… and referral patterns!
- Save you time! The extra time you take to explain then re-explain your patient’s treatment & exercises stops now.
Subscriber Resource 2: Review Tutorial Videos
ChiroUp.com subscribers can visit the Clinical Skills tab to review video tutorials for more than 300 clinical assessments, including each of the tests mentioned in the accompanying blog video.
Subscriber Resource 3: Access Best-Practice Protocols
Subscribers can review the most up-to-date best-practice protocols for more than 100 protocols, including several that are relevant to today’s blog:
Cervical Segmental Joint Restriction
Shoulder Anterior Impingement Syndrome
Cervical Disc Lesion
Rotator Cuff Tendinopathy
One click takes you to the video tutorials of all pertinent assessments, treatments, ADL’s, and exercises!
Subscriber Resource 4- Review Your Outcomes
30 days after you prescribe your condition report, your patient receives an outcome survey asking for questions:
- How much better are you feeling as compared to initially?
- How many times were you treated for this episode?
- What is your overall level of satisfaction?
- How likely are you to recommend us to a friend?
You’ll receive a dashboard notification anytime someone completes a survey. To review & compare your complete outcome statistics and patient satisfaction, navigate to Practice Resources, and select My Clinical Profile.
Subscriber Resource 5- Market Your Outcomes
Two of your most potent ChiroUp marketing tools include Google reviews and MD release letters; fortunately, both happen with little to no time investment.
- Google reviews– Your most satisfied patients are automatically asked to rate you online. These reviews improve your SEO and help prospective patients see your brand of clinical excellence.
- MD Release reports– Consistently relaying your positive outcomes improves medical perceptions and referral patterns. ChiroUp has a 10-second solution for delivering a release report: When your patient completes care or reaches MMI, navigate to the Reports tab in the patient’s account, then select Release report and enter the # of treatments and % improvement. Providers should generate release reports for every patient, regardless if they were referred by their physician or not. Click here for a tutorial on this process to see how easily you can do it.
As always, please reach out if you ever have questions about any of your ChiroUp resources. Our Subscriber Success Team will be happy to help anytime.
Not yet a subscriber?
Up your game today when you start your 14-day FREE trial!
- Yazigi Junior JA, Anauate Nicolao F, Matsunaga FT, Archetti Netto N, Belloti JC, Sugawara Tamaoki MJ. Supraspinatus tears – predictability of MRI findings based on clinical examination. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2021 Mar 3:S1058-2746(21)00154-3. doi: 10.1016/j.jse.2021.02.013. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33675978. Link
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?