There are many important factors to consider with regular communication with medical doctors. The first is simple. It’s necessary for “good healthcare.” Doctors need to have the ability to communicate with each other and share data between offices.
Here are the top 8 reasons you should consider regular correspondence with medical offices concerning your patient’s care.
- Patients want to be a part of their healthcare decision-making process now more than ever.
- Communicating with medical doctors is the best marketing strategy that any chiropractor can incorporate. It is simple, inexpensive, and highly effective.
- There is no other way to get your name in front of a medical physician regularly, supporting your excellent clinical care.
- “This isn’t marketing; it’s just good quality care.”
- Regular communication allows you to dispel myths about the chiropractic profession to ease concerns an MD may have before referring to your office.
- Chiropractors can define their niche within these communications to demonstrate the types of diagnoses that we have excellent success in treating.
- MD marketing can change the perception of our profession.
- Regular communication with medical doctors demonstrates the utilization of our profession by their patients.
I hope you will consider taking the time to write initial and release reports for every single patient of yours. Starting practice, I hand wrote every one of these notes and delivered them by mail to each provider. And just as important as it is to send the initial reports, the release reports are arguably even more important, because they demonstrate that not only did you see their patient, but that your care was effective.
With ChiroUp, this process is automated. We designed this feature to make your MD communication efforts infinitely easier through the instant creation of reports that are specific to the patient and the treatments provided in your office.
If you are ready to kick-start your MD communication, visit our MD Connect explainer page to learn more about how ChiroUp automates this process (& many more) in your clinic.
I want to personally thank Dr. Russell for spending this time educating myself and our readers on the importance of medical marketing. However, more importantly, I want to think providers like him for changing the perception of our profession one patient at a time.
About the Author
Dr. Brandon Steele
Dr. Steele is currently in private practice at Premier Rehab in the greater St. Louis area. He began his career with a post-graduate residency at The Central Institute for Human Performance. During this unique opportunity, he was able to create and implement rehabilitation programs for members of the St. Louis Cardinals, Rams, and Blues. Dr. Steele currently lectures extensively on evidence-based treatment of musculoskeletal disorders for the University of Bridgeport’s diplomate in orthopedics program. He serves on the executive board of the Illinois Chiropractic Society. He is a Diplomate and Fellow of the Academy of Chiropractic Orthopedists (FACO). His mission in practice is to get people in and out of pain as fast as possible; then give each patient the education and rehabilitation to never see them again. Dr. Steele is also the co-founder of ChiroUp.com, a resource used around the world by practicing chiropractors and colleges.
Want To Hear More From The ChiroUp Docs In Person?
Check Out Their Upcoming Speaking Engagements.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?