(844) GO-CHIRO info@chiroup.com

Evidenced Based Chiropractic Blog

Self-Care: It Makes Cents

Self-Care: It Makes Cents

The goal of every chiropractor should be to treat every patient for LIFE—just not for the same diagnosis! Every patient should feel safe and confident in your care to solve any problems as they arise throughout their lifetime. Some diagnoses require in-office care, while others may respond to the right self-directed changes at home or work. Check out this week’s blog on how to incorporate a “Self-Care Only” option into your next treatment plan.

Subscribe to our Weekly Blog

Stay up-to-date with the most recent chiropractic research and news.

Looking for something specific? Search the Blog.

Clinical            Business          Marketing          Webinars

Chiropractors: What Would You Do? (Watch Video)

Chiropractors: What Would You Do? (Watch Video)

If you’ve ever worked with a personal injury case, you know that at times it can be… demanding… In this week’s blog, I want to lay out a scenario and ask you the question: what would you do?

Read it to see my experience with navigating patient care, long term expectations, and lawyer expectations after a traumatic injury without structural abnormalities…

read more
Chiropractic Evaluation: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome vs. Pronator Teres Syndrome (Watch Video)

Chiropractic Evaluation: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome vs. Pronator Teres Syndrome (Watch Video)

We recently reviewed a study that found that “paresthesia in a median nerve distribution with nocturnal awakening” was 77% sensitive for the diagnosis of CTS… So where do the other 23% of cases arise?

This week’s chiropractic clinical blog supplies a quick yet potent review of the work-up for this other common presentation. Watch the blog for best practices that you can apply today.

read more
Clinical Efficiency with Franciso Gonzolas Espinosa de los Monteros

Clinical Efficiency with Franciso Gonzolas Espinosa de los Monteros

Evidence-based chiropractors accurately and quickly diagnose patients. If the diagnosis is incorrect—clinical outcomes falter. If the examination is lengthy—practice growth stagnates. However, asking the ideal questions and performing the most sensitive tests improves diagnostic accuracy and speeds up your initial evaluation. These two components lead to greater patient satisfaction and practice growth. In this quick video with Brandon and Tim, learn how emerging research may speed up your initial evaluation and lead to the correct diagnosis in the case of lumbar radiculopathy.

read more
(Watch Video) The Most Overlooked Cause of Neck Problems

(Watch Video) The Most Overlooked Cause of Neck Problems

New research has re-affirmed that weakness of one cervical muscle group is closely tied to chronic neck pain… This unit is also implicated as a provocative factor for cervical radiculopathy, cervicogenic headache, and cervicogenic vertigo.

Do you know the answer?

Check out this week’s chiropractic blog to learn which muscle, plus specific strategies to quantifiably test and strengthen it.

read more
Increasing Ankle Dorsiflexion is as easy as 1,2,3 (Watch Video)

Increasing Ankle Dorsiflexion is as easy as 1,2,3 (Watch Video)

Alright, I have a trivia question for you. Do you know the MOST common reason people suffer from limited ankle motion?

Answer: Past surgery or injury.

Simple inversion ankle sprains may result in a loss of ANKLE DORSIFLEXION. Which is exactly what we are diving into in this week’s blog. Give it a read for the two recommended exercises you can prescribe to help improve ankle ROM and limit future problems.

read more
Top 5 Tips for Managing Chronic Pain (Watch Video)

Top 5 Tips for Managing Chronic Pain (Watch Video)

How familiar are you with the differences of managing acute vs. chronic pain?
Unless you said you’re 100% confident, check out this week’s blog to say ‘goodbye’ to uncertainty.

This week’s blog covers a brief synopsis of new strategies for old complaints that can be accessed in ChiroUp’s 101st protocol: Chronic Pain.

read more
Top Overlooked Cause of Shoulder Pain

Top Overlooked Cause of Shoulder Pain

Over half of patients older than 60 have a partial or complete tear of one or more rotator cuff muscles. (1) Many of these tears occur in the supraspinatus, but not always!

This week’s blog and video break down a series of tests to help identify a frequently overlooked cause shoulder pain—the SUBSCAPULARIS.

read more
Lumbar Instability: Top Chiropractic Tests and Exercises

Lumbar Instability: Top Chiropractic Tests and Exercises

Palpating a tender spinal segment suggests that something’s wrong, most likely intersegmental joint dysfunction. But tenderness doesn’t necessarily indicate that a joint is hypomobile…

The management of hypo- vs. hyper-mobility is divergent, so how can we quickly differentiate?

Review our latest blog and video to find out → .

read more